Terms & Conditions: World Factbook of Food
Terms of service
The World Factbook of Food (the “Site”) was developed and is maintained by the Food Protection and Defense Institute (“FPDI”) at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities campus. FPDI is a Department of Homeland Security S&T Center of Excellence.
The World Factbook of Food serves as a reference repository of data related to food. Data displayed on the Site has been collected from multiple sources. It includes data on production, trade, common food and non-food uses, seasonality, processing steps and supply chain structure, food safety concerns, and past intentional adulteration events. The Site does not contain data on every reported adulteration event in the world.
The World Factbook of Food and the content of the Site do not represent the opinions of the U. S. federal government, including the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, or of Regents of the University of Minnesota and their respective faculty, employees, agents and contractors.
- By accessing the Site, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms of Service. Regents of the University of Minnesota (the “University,” “we” or “us”) may, at any time, without notifying you, change the provisions of these Terms of Service, which may become effective immediately. By accessing the Site after any such change, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms of Service, as changed.
- We may change the content or any other aspect of the services provided on the Site, at any time, without notifying you in advance.
- We have not reviewed the content displayed on the Site. We are not responsible for the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the content. We do not endorse or criticize the scientific or clinical merit of content displayed on the Site. We do not endorse or insure the accuracy of any products, processes, or services cited in the World Factbook of Food.
Your Use of the Site
- Only an authorized user is permitted access to the Site. Each time you access the Site you will be prompted to provide your username and password. Your sharing your password with anyone is prohibited.
- We charge a fee to access the Site. The fee is non-refundable. We may change the amount of the fee at any time. We may cancel your account and block your access to the Site if you do not pay the fee when due.
- You shall not distribute or post on a website content downloaded from the Site.